Sunday, October 26, 2008

If I ever feel better remind me to spend some good times with you.

Man I am tired. A weird weekend has morphed into a not so good Monday. Mostly cause I think I'm sick. I woke in the middle of the night coughing up a lung. Today I feel okay, the worse thing is my body is very achy. Anyway, the weekend. It was okay. I went to the Hawaii Library Association conference. My expectations for the conference were low and these expectations were in line with reality. I don't go out much and I don't particularly enjoy being surrounded by strangers. One thing that happens is I kind of get stuck in my head. Sitting/standing around surrounded by strangers not talking or having really shallow introductory conversations sends my imagination and self monologue into another gear. It brought me back to earlier days before I got married when I would be alone a lot. Being in my own self absorbed head is an interesting place but gets a bit lonely. And this mood spilled into the rest of weekend. Saturday night I even went to bed without saying goodnight to Bill. We were sitting on the couch just watching tv when I got up and went to the bedroom for bed. A half hour later Bill comes in a little hurt asking why I didn't say anything. It was nothing intentional I guess I was just too wrapped up in myself. Does this happen to you? So to go along with this weird mood I've posted some (mostly) instrumental electronic music, which can be beautiful but cold and distant at the same time. It's not as accessible as other music I've put up but hey it's my blog I can put up what I want. So here goes:
Trigger For a Train of Thought by Mrs. Jynx
For Hoped by Black Devil Disco Club
Light Powered by Deastro
Sucker Pin by Modeselektor
Kisses by Audion
Reef Baby Kites and Nokea by DJ/Rupture
Most of All by Morgan Geist
Bjork and Diddy conversation

No comments: