How happy am I to see this headline,
Black Turnout Strong in Early Voting ? Very happy is the answer. I'm getting very excited about the election. I mean, I've been excited for a while but as it gets closer I can't take it. Please, please, please I want Obama to win so bad. Anyway I'm glad to see black people, really everyone voting. But seeing all those beautiful pictures of black people voting made me think of this time earlier in the month where I went to visit the website for the Cincinnati Enquirer. On the home page was a picture of a young black man in court with this weird mask over his face. It seems they put a mask on him because he spit on a police officer. Now, getting spit on is no fun but is this really necessary? It's sad how segregated and racist Cincinnati really is. I mean I love Cincinnati and all but come on. Anyway seeing the picture was bad enough then I read the article and was again offended by the following explanation on why the mask was used. "Spit can be just as dangerous as a gun or closed fist because HIV and other diseases can be transmitted that way, according to Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Steve Barnett." WTF?!?!? It's 2008 and people still think you can get HIV from spit. Here's a
link to the article if you want to see proof that homophobia and racism is still alive and well in Cincinnati. I hate to end on a bad note. So here's a happy picture

They are too cute looking over their sample ballot. Take care everybody!
1 comment:
Seriously, I am about to lose it over this election. And I can't even get my hopes up. I won't believe it until it's guaranteed, maybe not even until January.
Post a Comment