Okay here are some pictures from my garden. As you can see Hijack guards them. He sits in that chair on the porch all the time. I started this gardening experiment awhile ago. I never had much luck with growing things or keeping them alive but I wanted to try. Things weren't going so well for a long time and then I added some worm poop. You see I also started a worm compost operation. I'll take pictures some time. The plants loved the poop and are doing really well now. I have peppers, swiss chard, salad greens and dillweed. They are all delicious. Although something started eating my chard. I need to look into that. See how grown up I am, I am very proud. The last picture has a story to it.
Hijack is an indoor/outdoor cat. Sometimes he doesn't come home at night and we don't see him for a while. He was out all weekend last week and on Sunday morning Bill and I woke up to a dead mouse at the door between the living room and bedroom. It was Hijack's first mouse. He's caught plenty of geckos, usually live ones that decide to move in. He was happy with himself but I thought the mouse was too cute. I started doing school work and without my knowing it Bill had built a little grave for the mouse. Evidently he was a Christian mouse. We buried him in the afternoon. The picture is of his grave. Sorry I didn't get to know him better. Anyway, I'll update you if Hijack kills any more mammals.

4 comments:
very cool.
not bad.
Molly - your friends have weird names - Komatsu Loader and Skid Loader Attachments! Just kidding. Your swiss chard looks great. I am so impressed you have worm compost. Looks like it works great.
-Colleen
adorable kitty! See you at HLA!
Post a Comment